Triangle MicroWorks’ Software Libraries provide a cost-effective means of supporting industry-standard protocols in your device. Incorporating our royalty-free Software Libraries in your products will shorten development time, freeing internal resources to work on company proprietary aspects of your products. Triangle MicroWorks Software Libraries are available in two formats: .NET Protocol Components for incorporation in Windows .NET-based products, and ANSI-Standard C Source Code Libraries for all other platforms.
Several library configurations are available for IEC 61850:
The basic IEC 61850 Server Source Code Library meets the needs of most device-level implementations.
The GOOSE Publisher / Subsriber optional component implements an additional IEC 61850 protocol used for protection functions and other applications requiring high speed multicast peer-to-peer communications capabilities.
The client optional component can be used in a variety of embedded and non-embedded environments to provide very efficient high speed client services. Many device level implementations use GOOSE services for peer-to-peer communications, and therefore do not require the client optional component.
The IEC 61850 server front end toolkit provides an implementation of the source code library on a separate Linux coprocessor board and obtains data through existing DNP3, Modbus or IEC 60870-5 communication port. It requires no programming and uses an IED capability description (ICD) file to define the object model and mapping information.
The Key Features are:
- Written in ANSI- Standard C Source Code
- Designed to be processor and operating system independent, using any ANSI – Standard C compiler
- Simple configuration for big-endian or little-endian byte order
- Can be used with or without a RTOS
- Highly efficient code and advanced protocol parsing techiniques designed to work well in embedded and workstation environments
- Typical product integration times depend highly on the database model complexity
IEC 61850 Server Source Code Library Features
- Support for total runtime configuration via local SCL file or API.
- Additional lower level interfaces available for specialized device intergration requirements
- Advanced data modeling techniques simplify generation of conformant servers
- Implements IEC 61850 services within the library – not in user code.
- Intergrates with application at object level – not transaction level
- Efficient memory management; malloc() and free() only used at system startup
- Hardware requirements: TCP/IP port, 512KB RAM, 512KB ROM. Alternative solutions also available
IEC 61850 Client Option Features
- Application interface designed to free application developers from protocol details
- Integrated with data model features, including control blocks
- Includes GSSE support
- Implements IEC 61850 GOOSE protocol very efficiently