Generation management provides a decision support system for plant managers and operators to manage the day to day operational processes linked to power generation.
ELTRIX Generation Management modules eliminate the need for complex manual processing and calculations done by plant managers, also protect the interests of generation company or a plant in all its energy transactions.This provides decision support in maintaining the regulatory compliance and grid code.
The functionalities of Eltrix Generation Management module includes the following:
- Closely monitoring the grid frequency, AGC operations and plant output in terms of energy exported to grid.
- Real-time inputs to the operators on the asking rate scheduled on generation and slippages.
- Accounting the energy transactions as well as slippages from the scheduled generation.
- Computation of various Tariffs like capacity charges, energy charges and unscheduled interchange (UI) charges
- Interacting with the Independent System Operators or Load Dispatch Center.
- Complying to regulations and grid code
- Reconciliation and Settlement Validations
- Implementing generation schedules
- Managing open access and bilateral exchanges
- Implementing work flows for operational processes and linking them to business processes.
- Monitor Plant Usage, Plant Load Factor and various other KPI’s linked to asset performance.
- Impact analysis of UI
Business and Operational Processes
ELTRIX Engineering Editor provides a work flow modeling interface which helps in implementing various business & operational processes. This enables automating lot of day to day activities in the generation control room as well as business & operational interactions needed within the generation company. Also it enables user interactions, validation and approvals, event notifications and service job initiations. The work flow is executed in the work flow engine which is a part of ELTRIX Runtime Server. A Generation Management system can have workflows associated with interactions with ISO’s and LDC’s, Power Exchanges, business systems like ERP, Billing, Asset Management etc.
Accounting, tariff management, operating codes etc for a generating plant will vary from region to region with respect to the market structure in which the plant is operating. This is mostly governed by a set of regulations, which are framed by corresponding regulatory bodies. Since regulations may vary over a period of time with amendments, enhancements and new notifications, it is highly challenging to keep your accounting accurate and also ensure compliance to regulations governing grid operations. ELTRIX has a rule management system which helps to keep the regulatory part of the logic independent of any software coding. The regulation linked logics are built into ELTRIX as rules and rule sets using ELTRIX Rule Governor, and executed within the Rule execution engine as part of the Runtime Server. Rules can be defined by using intuitive graphics and simple English.
With a wide range of features supported considering ease of use, ease of integration & interoperability requirements, ELTRIX Generation Management provides an integrated information system for operators at individual generating unit’s control center and also for plant management executives.
- Supports IEC-62325 (Standards related to energy market models & communications) and CIM for Market Extension Models
- Modeling of Sub-Control Area, Interchange Area, and Service Points
- Interfacing with Plant DCS/DAS and Energy Meter Data Acquisition Systems
- Provides Asking rate of generation to plant operators
- Flexible work flow creation & rule integration
- Projects generation deficit/ surplus for a day/ block of operation
- Regulatory logic by using Rule Engine
- Alarms on regulatory non-compliance and deviations
- Eltrix Decision Portal provides a web based interface for monitoring, reporting, analysis and work flow interactions required for Generation Management.
- Interface available with Extract Transform Load (ETL) functions so as to support multiple sources and modes of inputs possible from third party
Following are the major components delivered as part of the ELTRIX Generation Management system.
Eltrix Engineering Editor is a rich client interface which allows you to model and configure interchange, operating and sub control area for a plant and associated metering and measurement functions. Associated financial, market operations, scheduling models are also configured for Accounting & Tariff calculation, validating settlement and reconciliation. Rule Governor within Eltrix Engineering Editor provides an interface for domain experts to configure regulatory logic, and helps to manage any changes in regulations. Work Flow sub component enables the users to build process/business work flow needed for plant operations.
Eltrix Runtime Server is the server component which performs the real time data update, objects storage & retrieval of data, tariff & accounting computations, rule and work flow execution, it has an OPC UA/DA communication driver used for interaction with meter data acquisition system, also manages interactions with a power exchange or LDC/ISO over a TCP/IP or Web Service transportation layer.
Eltrix Decision Portal is the end user interface for plant operators or managers to visualize & analyze the Generation KPI’s, Accounting/Tariff Reports, and Generation Trends & Charts. It delivers a rich set of analytics, helps to track KPI’s. Support of Web 2.0 technology makes it possible to deliver time critical information over a standard web client. User can generate daily, weekly, monthly, shift wise reports for different details available in the solution like meter data, tariffs, energy exported and imported, etc.