ELTRIX is an intelligent decision support system for energy utilities and consumers for optimizing business and operational objectives under environmental, regulatory and market constraints using complex system models and decision models.
ELTRIX Energy Optimization platform through a number of domain modules enables intelligent operations of power system and ensures optimization of business and operational objectives under real-time constraints. Electrical Utilities in today’s world face variety of business and operational challenges, which are dynamic in nature. The magnitude and complexity of most of these problems cannot be solved through thumb rule calculations by an experienced operator. They are un-manageable by traditional control and monitoring applications either.
Recent decades have witnessed much advancement in the field of advanced process control, artificial intelligence and optimization technologies. A variety of algorithms including classical and heuristic based techniques is available to model and predict non-linear and discrete behaviors and optimize complex objective functions.
Eltrix is a platform in which these advanced algorithms are used to solve and optimize various domain level problems in power system. Eltrix functions in providing expert level decision support guidance to the operators, to that of solving complex optimization problems online. In certain cases this further gets extended to the level of closed loop control function for steering the system through a required trajectory for achieving the goals specified in the objective function while not violating the constraints.
Eltrix covers the decision support requirements within Generation, Transmission and Distribution sub domains through a number of domain modules. Each of these domain modules leverages the capabilities of Eltrix as a platform and provides an overall benefit.
Generation modules within Eltrix is focused around different aspects of Power Generation processes like power production and individual subsystems, economics of power generation, price forecasting , scheduling ,market interactions and tariff management. Generation modules also handle unit level, plant level and fleet level decision support and optimization requirements of Generation.
Transmission modules within Eltrix are focused around power system dispatch operations and scheduling. Transmission modules are intended for the system operators and load dispatchers for interchange scheduling maintaining optimal power flows and also perform monitoring, accounting, balancing and settlement for interchange areas within the jurisdiction of their control area.
Distribution module deals with intelligent load management, which can perform an adaptive load forecasting, intelligent portfolio management and demand response for distribution loads. Distribution utilities can integrate Eltrix Intelligent Load Management System to their SCADA/DMS, so as to minimize their energy purchase costs and better manage peak demands.
- ELTRIX PRO- Professional scheme comprises of all the Eltrix modules under the power generation domain i.e., Plant performance management (PPM), Economic Generation (GM) and Performance Optimization and Diagnostics (POD). In this scheme clients can subscribe licenses based on the number of users at the operation level.
- ELTRIX Enterprise - In addition to the power generation domain modules, Enterprise scheme offers Eltrix DOPS module under transmission domain and Eltrix Intelligent load management module under distribution domain. It offers corporate level licenses with high performance and scope for further enhancements.
- Generation Optimization – Generation optimization solutions are designed to attain maximum operational efficiency with minimum costs. Solution gives early warning and does diagnosis of equipment degradation. All the equipment and operating constraints are taken into account and measurable improvement in plant efficiency is achieved with minimal emissions. It helps in scheduling the most economical operation of multiple generating units within a plant and for a fleet of power plants. It helps in integration of business and operational processes with provision to regularly interact with independent system operators.
- Distribution Optimization – Distribution optimization provides quick and intelligent demand response and predicts the load conditions in advance to achieve optimum management of loads. It helps in load forecasting, UI forecasting and portfolio management for the distribution company.
- Transmission Optimization – Transmission
optimization enhances stability of power system operations and maintains
optimal load flows with unrestricted access to stake holders. It ensures the complete dispatch operations of power system
like generation & demand scheduling, dispatch optimization, energy
accounting, billing & settlement and network loss calculations.
ELTRIX through following core components supports customers in building and implementing a decision support system.
- Engineering Editor – It is an integrated developement environment to perform complete engineering applications. With the help of Engineering Editor (EI) user can build and use power and energy system models and generate IEC 61970 compatible CIM files. It enables to define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). User can create and validate decision models. It is a centralized repository with role based access. EI comes with standard packages for performance calculations, optimization and ABT engine. EI provide editors to customize/ create existing/ new packages. Other built in features are alarms & events, rate of change alarm depending upon the deviation, signal band check, objects & history objects.
- Runtime Server – Implementation of decision models within an identified problem domain for delivering coordinated optimal solutions is done in runtime server. Runtime server ensures a seamless connectivity with operational and business systems for real time historical and event based data. Run time server has built in components to create run time libraries as per the configuration.
- Decision Portal – It is a web portal providing an insight to the operators and decision makers on the overall performance of the decision models by tracking KPIs using the set of analytics provided through mimics, charts, reports and dashboards. Portal has an inbuilt web page builder which creates custom pages at run time. Entire portal is customizable with an access control to users.